Are you eligible for government funding?
Uniting Institute of Education is an approved ‘Smart and Skilled’ training provider.
Smart and Skilled is a reform of the NSW Vocational Education and Training (VET) system. It's helping people in NSW get the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers.
From 1 January 2015, Smart and Skilled provides eligible students with:
- An entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III
- Government funding for higher-level courses (Certificate IV and above) in targeted priority areas
What courses are approved for the Smart and Skilled government-subsidised scheme?
Uniting Institute of Education is an approved Smart and Skilled provider for the following nationally recognised qualifications:
- Diploma of Counselling (CHC51712)
- Certificate IV in Community Services (CHC40708)
- Certificate III in Individual Support - Ageing (CHC33015)
- Certificate III in Individual Support - Disability (CHC33015)
How do I know if I'm eligible for Smart and Skilled?
In order to apply for Smart and Skilled, you will need to be:
- 15 years old or over, and
- no longer at school, and
- living or working in NSW (or an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person living in specific NSW border areas), and
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, Australian permanent humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
- or a NSW apprentice or trainee
Your eligibility for specific courses depends on your previous qualifications:
- If you haven't completed a Certificate IV or higher-level qualification, you're entitled to enrol in a subsidised course up to Certificate III level
- You can enrol in subsidised training in targeted priority areas at Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma level, depending on the availability of funding for these courses. Having completed a Certificate IV or higher-level qualification does not affect eligibility
How do I withdraw?
A student has the option to defer or discontinue their training at any time.
Intentions to defer or withdraw must be made in writing and addressed to the Student Services Manager of Uniting Institute of Education.
Please refer to the Student Handbook for detailed information on student withdrawal from Smart and Skilled courses.
For more information about eligibility visit www.smartandskilled.nsw.gov.au